Maurizio Cattelan retrospective at the Guggenheim Museum of NY


This figure from Mr. Cattelan’s “Daddy Daddy” was previously displayed at the museum floating face down in the rotunda’s fountain.






"I've never thought about my works as something that I wanted to see again. Now I am forced to relate to them. It's a chance to see myself from a different perspective. The 130 works will come together in a new work: it's a family" the artist said to the Financial Times about his NY Guggenheim's Museum retrospective which opened this week. He adds: "There is no other way to do a shw there and pay respect to the building."

I look forward to seeing this retrospective but to be honest, I am not sure I like what I see on the pictures... It feels too much...


Pictures Credit: Chang W. Lee/The New York Times.