Exclusive interview with Spanish artist Nicolás Santos


Nicolás Santos is a young Spanish artist who developed an imagery thanks to collages. He smartly mixes fashion, 30's American-cinema-glamour and boy-related influences, creating beautiful visuals that can disorient viewers. I had the chance to interview with him on his influences and his upcoming Madrid exhibition at La Fresh Gallery.

Enjoy !

How would you describe yourself and how would you describe your art?
 
I'm curious and my art is fulfilling.

Currently, do you have an exhibition and where does it take place?

No I don't, but I will have one before summer in Madrid, at La Fresh Gallery, with the work I'm currently working on.

Where do you take your inspiration from?

Mostly from 20th-century subcultures.

Are you represented by a gallery?

By La Fresh Gallery in Madrid.

Who are your favourite "models"? Who would you like to work with?

My favourite model is the one I created matching my own objectives.  I'd rather keep my wishes for me, wishes are all we have left with. 



Do you have any preferred artworks you've made?
The ones to come.

If you were not an artist, what would you be doing?

I would be studying. Not pretty sure what for, but who does?

What is your next project about?

About fashion and desire.

Do you consider that Art is Alive?

Well I would say it's pretty much dead, but we all have to try and keep it alive.

How have you developed your technique?

Through perseverance and determination.

What do you think about this blog and what would you wish it?

Spreading the word is necessary, keep up the good work.

More info on: http://720213.tumblr.com/